When a Development Consent has been received, we review it and amend the plans to comply with any conditions that council has requested.

The approved plans are updated with further construction details - that comply with the building code, and we attain additional documentation that maybe required as part of the Development Consent conditions such as:

  • Structural Engineering Plans, and/or
  • A Specification Document

After updating all the plans and compiling all the required documentation we have the option of lodging the documents to the local council or a Principal Certifying Authority (PCA or usually called a Private Certifier) for approval and issue of a Construction Certificate.

The difference between the 2 options is time, it can take as little as 2 weeks and up to 8 weeks to obtain this with your local council, whereas a PCA can issue a Construction Certificate in as little as 48 hours if they are  satisfied with all the documents that have been submitted.

Once the Construction Certificate is issued it is only then that construction may commence. Regular inspections are conducted by the PCA (Private Certifier) or a council representative to ensure all works comply with the building standards.

On completion of the development, the PCA or local council representative will conduct a final inspection. You will need to provide them with all the necessary reports you have sourced from your different trades throughout the build, e.g. waterproofing certificate, framing certificate, storm water certificate etc. The PCA or local council representative will then issue an Occupation Certificate (OC) which authorises you to occupy the development..